OLD FASHION POUND CAKE
A simple pound cake is one of those cakes that people forget about but is so delicious.
Why not add sliced fresh strawberries and a little whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
This is one of my favorites. Enjoy!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 pound of butter (2 sticks)
- 6 eggs, beaten and separated
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Cream the butter. Add sugar to the butter and beat until creamy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder.
- Add to butter mixture.
- Add Vanilla
- Blend egg whites into the batter.
- Pour into a greased and floured baking pan. Or line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Bake 325 degrees for one hour till golden brown.
- Rest in pan for ten minutes before removing to cooling rack.